The UNA Harpenden branch supports the aims of UNA-UK by:
- Organising public meetings to inform people about the work of the UN and related issues of international affairs
- Supporting activities in local schools which inform pupils about the work of the UN
- Fund raising to support organisations that are working to promote the aims of the UN
- Urging the government to support the UN and to support reform of the UN in order to improve its effectiveness
- Encouraging members to support UN and UNA campaigns
- Encouraging good relations between people of different nationality
- Mr Trevor Evans
- 01582 713895
Harpenden 14 July 2018
Tobias Wellner who is the East Africa Programme Manager with the Quaker Peace and Social Witness will talk about building peace in Kenya, Rwanda and...
Harpenden 10 March 2018
Carl Wright, UNA Board member and Secretary General Emeritus of the Commonwealth Local Government Forum, will speak on this important subject. The...
Harpenden 19 January 2018
A dramatised reading about the Balfour Declaration 1917 and its consequences. This presentation will be followed by a discussion
29 October 2017
Our annual UN Service will be held at St Nicholas Church, Church Green, Harpenden at 6.30pm. The speaker at the service will be Marcus Armstrong,...
Harpenden 24 October 2017
The UN flag will be raised and short addresses by the Town Mayor and Chairman of UNA Harpenden, followed by refreshments.
7 October 2017
Caroline Gilbert from the Christian Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament will speak about the treaty based upon her first hand experience of being...
21 February 2018
At a well attended meeting held at Harpenden Quaker Meeting House on 19th January a group of members and supporters presented a reading of an...
20 April 2017
Thirty-five people attended Titus Alexander's talk on 'How can we influence world politics,' on Saturday, 4th March. His presentation was aimed at...
8 December 2016
“Both the UK and the UN have many great strengths but both need to be more effective players in global peace-making and peacekeeping”, said Lord...
17 September 2016
About 40 people came to hear Dr Patrik Kontina, an anaesthetist at the Bedford hospital, speak about the Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) organisation...
4 July 2016
Irene Austin from Herts Welcomes Syrian Families talked about the UK Government’s Syrian Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Programme which would give...
10 March 2016
Jack Easton from the Green Economics Institute gave us his impressions of the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP21) held in Paris last...