Despite the momentous task ahead for the UK’s next government - to shape Britain's role with Europe and the world - the election is largely being fought on narrow and highly politicised domestic issues, with foreign policy discussed primarily as a vehicle to further Britain's short-term interests.
UNA-UK has released a short, sharp ‘manifesto’ to serve as a clarion call for putting foreign policy at the centre of this election, and the UN at the heart of foreign policy. Our manifesto is backed up by a policy report entitled 'Keeping Britain Global', which argues that now, more than ever, Britain’s national interest and the UN Charter’s vision of a peaceful and more just world are one and the same.
We need your support to get this message to political parties, and to bring international issues to the fore.
Now is the time for everybody who believes they are a global citizen to stand up and be counted.
UNA-UK's General Election resources
- Five things everyone should ask their local canvassers
- Practical tips for holding a hustings event
- UNA-UK’s manifesto - sign up and share
- UNA-UK’s policy report ‘Keeping Britain Global’
- Political parties’ approaches to the United Nations
- A foreign policy lens on parties' manifestos
General Election packs
UNA-UK has compiled its General Election resources into a single downloadable pack:
- Download UNA-UK's 2017 General Election Pack (Word)
- Download UNA-UK's 2017 General Election Pack (PDF)
UNA-UK is an independent, registered charity and is not affiliated with any political party. Read our statement on the Lobbying Act.