UNA-UK has launched a new report 'Sustainable Development Goals: From promise to practice'. The publication sets out how to take forward the UN's new global development agenda, which began in January 2016.
With a foreword from UN Secretary-General António Guterres, this report is the fourth in a series of UNA-UK publications on the post-2015 development agenda. This report looks at how the the Goals are being implemented in the course of the vital first 1,000 days of the 15-year agenda. It equips policy-makers, practitioners and interested observers with insights on how to make the Goals a reality, particularly for the world’s most vulnerable people.
The report, produced in collaboration with Witan Media, contains analysis and recommendations from 50 expert contributors, including:
- Irina Bokova, Director-General, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Gabriele Köhler, Philip Mader, Richard Jolly and Robin Luckham, Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex
- Lise Kingo, CEO and Executive Director, UN Global Compact
- Joanne Liu, International President, Médecins Sans Frontières
- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Executive Director, UN Women
- David Nabarro, Special Adviser on 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, UN
- Sara Pantuliano, Managing Director, Overseas Development Institute
- Peter Thomson, President of the 71st session of the UN General Assembly
- Corinne Woods, Director of Communications, UN World Food Programme
You can read the introduction by UNA-UK's Executive Director, Natalie Samarasinghe, by clicking here
More on Climate and development
UNA-UK has released a major report on taking forward the climate framework agreed by UN member states in Paris
With a foreword from António Guterres, this report is the fourth in a series of UNA-UK publications on the post-2015 development agenda.
Insights on the rising trend of 'post-truth politics' from Emma Briant, Owen Jones, George Marshall, Michael Møller, Simon Moss, Robert Worcester and Isabelle Younane
16 September 2016
UNA-UK has released a major report on taking forward the new climate framework agreed by UN member states in Paris last year.