UNA-UK has released a major report on implementing the new climate deal agreed by UN member states in Paris last year.
Released ahead of the appointment of a new Secretary-General, Climate 2020 - Rising to the challenge builds on our 2015 report, which made recommendations ahead of the Paris agreement's adoption. This new publication provides insights and suggestions for taking forward the agreement, with contributions from UN, government, science, business and civil society experts. Together, the articles provide a source of practical actions, approaches, analysis and case studies on how the hard-won deal can become a robust climate framework.
- Ban Ki-moon, UN Secretary-General
- Geeta Batra and Juha I. Uitto, Global Environment Facility
- Joan Clos, Executive Director, UN-HABITAT
- Hanna Fekete, NewClimate Institute
- Patricia Espinosa, Executive Secretary, UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Liza Henshaw, Global Citizen
- Hoesung Lee, Chair, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Abdeladim Lhafi, Commissioner, 22nd session of the Conference of Parties to the UNFCCC
- Estherine Lisinge Fotabong, New Partnership for Africa's Development
- Stephen O'Brien, UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs
- Richard Sandor and Rafael Marques, Environmental Financial Products LLC
- Varun Sivaram, Council on Foreign Relations
In her introduction to the publication, UNA-UK's Executive Director, Natalie Samarasinghe, notes:
For more information, please contact Isabelle Younane on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7766 3446.
What are people saying about Climate 2020? Check out #Climate2020