Sign up to our newsletter to stay in touch
What is UNA Youth?
UNA Youth brings together university students from almost 50 branches across the UK who are passionate about the United Nations and its work to promote a secure, just and sustainable world.
Our aim is to equip young people with a better understanding of the UN and create opportunities for them to play an active role in international affairs.
Find out more about UNA Youth by reading the answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions.
What do we do?
Branches coordinate most of UNA Youth's activities organising events such as workshops, panel discussions, conferences and Model United Nations that give attendees and participants a real insight into the work of the United Nations.
Want to set up your own branch?
Setting up a branch at your university is easy. All you need to do is submit a brief mission statement, the names of your branch officers and either a £25 affiliation fee or details of six branch members that are also paying member of UNA-UK.
The UNA Youth Council
The activities of UNA Youth are overseen by the Youth Council, which is elected at the UNA Youth annual conference. The Youth Council supports, develops and coordinates the activities of braches and to provide a link between individual UNA Youth members in accordance with the UNA Youth Constitution. It also runs national campaigns and events which individuals and branches can get involved with.
Co-opted: Kate Jamieson - campaigns advisor, and Adam McLaren - Model UN advisor
Contact the Youth Council
UNA Youth Conference 2014
The next UNA Youth Conference will be held in Edinburgh on 1 Feb 2013. This will be UNA Youth's biggest event of the year. As well as top UN personnel, policy experts and UNA-UK staff, some of the UK's top UN agencies will be represented.
This is the perfect chance for you to explore big UN policy issues as well as find out how to kick start your international career.
Find out more and book tickets on the event page.
- All paid-up and honorary members of UNA-UK have the right to attend and vote at the Association's AGM on 29 March 2014, which will consider»17 February 2014
- On Saturday 1 February, 200 students from across the UK gathered in Edinburgh to discuss R2P and find out about UN careers at UNA-UK’s Youth»6 February 2014
- The 2014 Academic Council on the United Nations System (ACUNS) Annual Meeting will be held at Kadir Has University, 19-21 June 2014, and and»9 December 2013
- After weeks of planning, preparation and a little help from UNA-UK, UNA Youth branches kick started their year in style.13 November 2013
- UNA-UK is delighted that references to the UN have been maintained in the new National Curriculum, published on 11 September 201312 September 2013
- Secretary of State for Education Michael Gove has responded this week to a series of letters reacting to p31 August 2013
- The Association is urging the UK government to reconsider plans to remove references to the United Nations from the proposed new Citizenship»8 August 2013
- On 20 June 2013 UNA-UK held two AGMs, marking the transition from the old company to the new charity.27 June 2013
- 19 February 2014
- 14 November 2013
- 14 November 2013
- 30 October 2013
- 27 September 2013
- 30 May 2013
- 28 August 2012
- 21 August 2012
- Celebrated each year on 24 October, United Nations Day marks the entry into force of the UN Charter in 1945. (Scroll down to access our»24 September 2012
- Do something good for World Humanitarian Day 19 August is World Humanitarian Day and the UN is asking us all to become14 August 2012
- We want to build awareness of the challenges facing the international community, and support for the vital role that UN can play in»29 June 2012
- 29 June 2012
- "I want to work for the UN. How do I go about it?" - this is, by far, the most common query we receive at UNA-UK, a real testament to the»29 June 2012
- 29 June 2012
- Archived campaign Write to your MP, MSP, AM or Councillor and tell him or her why you believe the Truce is a concept that deserves our»28 June 2012
- Following on from the UNA Youth campaign launch event hosted at the Institute of Education on 24 November 2010, UNA-UK is delighted to»24 November 2011