Last night UNA-UK hosted a reception together with the Moroccan Embassy convening a wide range of constituencies - from politicians and»
Generation United Nations
Young people are keenly aware of the ‘global world’ in which we live. A clever idea could go viral and attract support from around the world in minutes but climate change, pandemics and extremism cross borders just as easily. From job creation to LGBTQ rights, the things that young people care about have a global dimension.
UNA-UK’s ‘Generation United Nations’ programme works through teachers and educators, preparing young people to navigate the opportunities and challenges that our interconnected world presents. This programme has three distinct strands:
Our high quality teaching materials are produced in conjunction with UN and education experts. They provide background briefings, activity ideas and template lessons. Click here for our latest International Days resource.
Our informal network of teachers is a good opportunity to get more involved with our work. Members are asked to exchange ideas, input into resources and champion our activities. To find out more and join, please contact Richard Nelmes, UNA-UK’s Head of Outreach.
Generation Unitied Nations schools appreciate the value of engaging their students and their community with the work and value of the United Nations.
As a grassroots movement of over 15,000 people we frequently speak out on UN issues. Our recent successes include a campaign to keep teaching about the UN in the new curriculum for England and Wales.
- UNA-UK is delighted to be hosting H.E. Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations, on Friday 5 February.25 January 2016
- To mark the United Nations' 70th year, UNA-UK invites communities across the UK to discover the contribution that they have made to the»27 March 2015
- During the weekend of 6 - 8 March 2015 Kingswood School in Bath hosted the 25th Bath International Schools' Model United Nations»16 March 2015
- This speech was delivered at the opening ceremony of the 25th Bath International Schools' Model United Nations Conference that took place at»9 March 2015
- Last night UNA-UK hosted a reception together with the Moroccan Embassy convening a wide range of constituencies - from politicians and»22 October 2014
- 10 October 2014
- 25 September 2014
- Genuine public debate on global issues is both crucial and lacking so on 28 June, UNA-UK held one of the UK’s biggest live debates on»30 June 2014
- 28 August 2012
- 21 August 2012
- 16 July 2012
- 3 April 2012
- 3 April 2012
- Celebrated each year on 24 October, United Nations Day marks the entry into force of the UN Charter in 1945. (Scroll down to access our»30 August 2012
- "I want to work for the UN. How do I go about it?" - this is, by far, the most common query we receive at UNA-UK, a real testament to the»29 June 2012